From history's beginning, through prophets and events, the Creator revealed His loving plan to rescue the human race from its self-imposed curse of sin and death. He would do this by sending His Son, who would become a sacrificial Lamb, taking the judgment upon Himself for all who would put their trust in Him. This profound event happened almost 2,000 years ago when Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, came, was crucified, rose from the grave, seen by more than 500 people, and 40 days later visibly ascended into heaven. When you put your trust in Christ, you become a recipient of the greatest gifts in the universe, fully paid for by the blood of God's own Son.
1. You have total forgiveness. All your sins - past, present, and future - were forgiven because Jesus bore them for you on the cross. You are accepted by God, not at all because of what you have done, but because of what He did! " For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
2. You have peace with God. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.... God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.... Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (Romans 5:1,5,9). For Jewish readers, this first appearance of Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ in English), as a sacrifice, was predicted throughout Jewish Scriptures. For example, see Isaiah, chapter 53.
3. You have been "born again" into God's own family. You are a new creature! "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17). "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:26).
4. You have eternal life. You will live with God in His paradise kingdom forever! "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). "God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 John 5:11).
5. God lives in you. You have become a temple, or dwelling place, of God's Spirit. He lives inside of you! "Donít you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16). "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).
6. Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ! "I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).
7. God has chosen to share His kingdom with you! "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32). "Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory" (Romans 8:17).
8. All of God's promises are for you! You have access to all of God's many promises as contained in His Word. They are all for you, free and paid for by the blood of Jesus. "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ. And so through him the 'Amen' is spoken by us to the glory of God" (2 Corinthians 1:20). They are "yes" in Christ and are all available to you, but you must say the "amen," that is, believe them, confess them, and claim them as your own.
Have you prayed yet and expressed your faith and trust in Jesus Christ? If not, see Appendix 3.